I’m not sure how it came about that summer reading became a thing or that people suddenly needed to cram in a lot of reading while the weather was warm. If perhaps, summer reading came from the school days when kids had two months to fill with the reading they couldn’t complete in class, well, then I’m thankful for it. There’s nothing better than summer reading.
So I want to take time this week to talk about what everyone has been reading this summer, and I invite you to leave a comment on this blog post about your favorite summer reads.
Here’s my list, which I admit, is short, but for a writer, it’s always a trade off between reading the book and writing the book. I think my readers would agree that I should focus on the writing part and not the reading part, and with the last installment of the Spy Series off to my editor, I can say I focused on just that.
But here are some reads that you shouldn’t miss this summer:
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon – I’m mentioning this one because the new series on Starz starts August 9th!
- The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley – Amazing tapestry of history and mystery
- The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton – Stunning and relentless
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness – The much anticipated final book in the trilogy was just released!
- Kaleidoscope by Hannah Meredith – There’s a quote from me on the back cover of this book. Need I say more?
- The Spindle Cove Series by Tessa Dare – Just pick one. Any of them. You won’t be disappointed.
For more summer reading suggestions, check out this blog post from last summer where I asked my readers the same question.
All right, it’s your turn. What have you been reading this summer?